Monday, November 07, 2005

ENTERPRISE endorses Jass Stewart for Mayor

http://jassstewart.com/pops/news_enterprise_110605.htm

This is unbelievable!!! The Enterprise is one of the more conservative papers in the state. Anyone who can help Jass' campaign on election day, please call 508-345-5518 or email campaign@JassStewart.com and just say when you are available. This election is very important to every progressive in southeastern Mass. Please help out if you possibly can.

Sign holders are needed at all Brockton train stations and at every pollsite. Report to 14 Clyde Street (off Locust Street between North Main and Montello) to pick up materials and locations.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger ssdfahost said...

http://www.southofboston.com/extras/elections/

Close but no cigar . . .

Still everyone I spoke with agrees that Jass's campaign was very classy and he raised the bar for all politicians in Brockton. He has earned the respect of most open-minded voters and will most likely be playing a big part in Brockton's (And the state's . . . the country's?) future.

Still, a win would have been sooo great.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger ssdfahost said...

A Post Campaign Note from Alice Copeland Brown a/k/a Patriotic Pilgrim:

Today we had a ball driving a caravan of cars with Jass Stewart signs and "Thank you, Brockton" on them all over Brockton. The folks with incredulous looks on their faces tickled us most of all. One guy coming out of a bar said, "Didn't you lose?"
He lost by 700 votes, that's all. Margaret in a wheel chair, solved our mutual dilemena (I.e., "Where did I meet you?") I was wearing my Dean pin, she said I must know you, and bingo, I realized that's where I got the entry. I'll be updating their data base.
Thought you might enjoy this brainstorming work we did at Margaret's place after the caravan.
Jass is married, and has a son...he's got charisma, and as befits an MIT fellow (which his brother, who drove with me, is also) is brilliant. he's young and not intimidated, but now the machine in Brockton knows he's not just a fluke, and will be gunning for him. Think it's interesting that the Boston Globe mentioned his gayness, his blackness, but not a word about his MIT Fellow-ness. Wonder why?
great experience. I love to feel clean, when I usually feel dirty and depressed regarding the dire prospects for our 'republic'. Maybe it's a delusion, but I'll continue working for him. He's not bought, a condition I hope that stays.
Alice

My granddaughter is planning to be a lawyer and run for public office, so I thought she'd like this advice while it was fresh on my mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home